19 Jan 2018

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY







For about 10 min we had sunshine for the 1st time since one month ! 




More participants here at
Skywatch Friday


1. As usual we started the week with our brain training = scrabble. You can see on their faces how concentrated they were. Although I often play scrabble on my smartphone, where I now win from time to time, in real I am nearly always the last one. It was the blue Monday and outside it stormed and rained, awful !



2. I went to my friend Bunny (she was born on Easter) because she had learned the Chinese foot reflexology, and I wanted to try it out because I have no energy and I am very nervous.

She did it very professional and I have to say after 45 min I had almost fallen asleep and really felt good. Amazing better then all pills !! In two weeks she will do it again, because that's the laps of time you need. Otherwise it is too much.


3.

Nicole and I had discovered a new little café which is very cute and the furniture is mixed with old and new. They have cake and coffee and tea and even scones ! I asked the lady who does all baking herself where she gets the clotted cream, because I have never found it in any shop or supermarket except in an English one. She told me she did it herself. I was a little surprised and asked how she made that, and she told me she takes cream and adds a bit of lemon juice !! Next time I will try it out !

4.



We were not many in our painting class. Outside a storm was going on and I almost blew away when I got out of my car.

5.



Impossible to go out, there is a terrible storm blowing over Belgium, causing even one dead so far. Fortunately in our region the wind is less strong then in other parts especially at the coast where the wind blew at 100 km/h. Nicole's garden chair blow over the terrace wall and fell down in the neighbor's garden !! So far there is nothing in our street.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.




14 comments:

  1. Perhaps a layer of snow and calmness would be better than the weather you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we have had snow. Then some snow and then some more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching the news about the terrible storms over Europe, my heart goes out to all those affected. Glad to hear the reflexology was good, nice to feel so relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hope,everyone in that house with the tree on it is ok!!

    This winter weather sure has been crazy here in the USA and even over there in Europe!

    That cafe looks like a lovely place for a coffee and scone,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found the reflexology relaxing. Yes the weather has been awful. We had wind and rain here too but mainly during the night. We have had some sun this week too! I managed to get out for walks. Good to have indoor activities to do though at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful out there in that weather. Sounds horrible. The blue sky is beautiful, I'm sorry it was such a brief experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I hope and pray you and your husband and property stay safe in the storm. I play Scrabble on my phone, too, and it really helped my game. That cafe looks like a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sky shots! Stay warm and safe in that nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have foot reflexology board which has picture like one in your photo and with raised points. I like getting on it to massage foot. Feels so good! The cafe looks nice and cozy. And with homemade goodies..mmm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always good to keep busy and keep your mind active. The good news is that the weather will get better eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you are having some very sever weather. I hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I know all about those kinds of winds. They are scary and so sad there has been one death from it. The reflexology sounds like it went well for you! Hope it's results stick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's quite a wind storm!
    We love to play SuperScrabble with our grandson. He comes up with great words for a 10 year old.
    I'm glad you got a little bit of sunshine last week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !