22 Mar 2017

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE







Escape to the country !


more participants here






1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Nothing happens in my house it is as mad as a graveyard. Besides the fact that one of the 4 cats had brought in a mouse, a cute one with big ears, she ran under the sofa and we had 4 cats sleeping on the sofa and the mouse probably underneath. The cats had lost all interest !

2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.

That's a difficult question for me as we would have different words in Italian, German and French.

The only word we kept was a word play between "rosser" which means "thrash" instead of "aroser" (to water), because our son always said that his dad would thrash the flowers instead of water the flowers. 

3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?

I am exhausted from reading this list ! No, I never do spring cleaning, my cleaning lady cleans the house all the year long and does extra work when she has time left. For the moment she cleans the ceiling in Mr. G's office.

4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
I don't like Paris so it would be New York.

5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
Nothing, the spring is broken ! 

6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
A teacher ? No thank you, it even didn't come into my mind ! 

7. What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
I like the smell of a rose, but I don't have anything "smelly" in our house but fresh air. I don't know any food with florals only as decoration on the top and I only like very dry wine !

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday got the news that my friend's dog has a tumour behind his right eye and there is nothing to do he is too old. I have to get used to the idea that his life time is now limited. What will it be ? A month, two or half a year, nobody knows. But he will stay with us as long as he doesn't suffer. That makes me very sad, I really love Charlie.






10 comments:

  1. Love you Charlie and I am so sad to hear the bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A grubby dog knows how to enjoy life - great pics. I love your answers to the questions as I can hear you speaking and answering the questions! Have a great week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can hear the dog reminding us all to live our lives while we can. He doesn't steep himself in sadness.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/when-you-really-really-want-to-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so very sorry about Charlie's prognosis. He looks very happy wallowing in the mud and still ole Charlie sitting with you in the last photo. Big hugs to you all especially Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have someone clean our house :-)
    I hope Charlie fully enjoys his happy life as long as his body allows, and you and Nicole get to spend as much happy time as possible together. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. I was hoping to read better news about Charlie when I came to your blog ... I am so very sorry that there is nothing to be done. I know all your faithful readers have fallen in love with this special dog. As you say, as long as his quality of life is good I'm sure we will keep on loving your Charlie stories. Sending virtual hugs and best thoughts to you and Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Charlie. :( It's always sad when an animal suffers. I am a little bit jealous that you have a cleaning lady. How about sending her my way? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh No :( That is such bad news. Poor Charlie. It happened so suddenly too. I hope he won't be in pain. That is too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pups certainly appear to have enjoyed a romp in the countryside! I'm sorry for your friend's pup. Losing a pet is so very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how happy dogs can get sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !